November 30, 2017
Opportunity versus Opportunist
In most businesses, the number one goal is to max every opportunity that benefits the company, "its just business." The problem with possibilities is that it breeds opportunistic behaviors and attitudes that ultimately lead to failure.
On this podcast, Keith talks about:
- The differences between Opportunity and Opportunistic
- How opportunity affects you, your career, and people around you
- Opportunity Avoidance
- Immediate Gratification
- How opportunities can drive, temptation, greed, fame, drama, and monetary gain
- Excitement or entertainment opportunity
- What you should know about opportunities as a business owner
September 7, 2017
Everyone loves a great story, telling a great story isn't as simple as it seems. In this 8 Minute Drill, Pro Photographer Keith B Dixon talks about how he approaches his street, environment, and urban landscape photos in his work. He also talks about his influence and the importance of using various techniques and visual design concepts to draw your audience into an image.
September 5, 2017
Time is one of the most valuable commodities we have. Since there are only 1440 Minutes in a day and photography takes a lifetime to learn we need quick and decisive information. "The 8 Eight Minute Photography Drill” is designed to deliver the most significant principal photography education possible. Each 8-minute program offers 3 points that will help you to understand how to apply technique, fundamentals, and information related to the photographic reproduction process.
July 30, 2017
"Get into your feelings and manage them if you want to be progressive" Make no mistake, your personal life affects everything you do in business. Separating out your personal feelings in a business situation is one the hardest things to do for most anyone. The key to controlling your feelings while thinking and making a decision logically requires a deep understanding of how you value others and yourself.
Values drive successes that lead to progression. Pro Photographer and Serial Entrepreneur Keith B Dixon talks about the importance of values in the way we make decisions about people, our business, and ourselves.
July 24, 2017
Terry L White
"Principal Worldwide Design & Photography Evangelist for Adobe Systems, Inc. Terry has been with Adobe for over 20 years and has extensive knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Professional product line. In his current position, he leads the charge of getting customers excited and educated about Adobe Creative Cloud products and services. Terry is an Adobe Certified Expert. In 2016 Terry White was the 34th inductee into the Photoshop Hall of Fame.
He has been active in the industry for over 25 years and is the founder and past president of MacGroup-Detroit, “ Michigan’s largest Macintosh users group. Terry is the host of the top ranked award winning Adobe Creative Cloud TV and has one of the most popular channels on YouTube. He is also the author of Secrets of the Adobe Bridge and co-author of The iPhone Book, The iPhone Book 2nd Edition, The iPhone Book 3rd Edition, The iPhone Book 4th Edition, The iPhone Book 5th Edition, The iPhone Book 6th Edition and InDesign CS/CS2 Killer Tips."
Source: Mac Group
On the Episode we cover:
1. The Back Story- who is Terry White
2. What is an Adobe Worldwide Creative Suite Design Evangelist
3. Cheryl Sandberg- your not a Brand
4. What inspired you about tech-what is your driving force?
5. The biggest crowd you spoke to- Do you get nervous?
6. How do you keep up with tech
7. Moving into a cloud base environment as photographer
8. Moving past Resistance- Why you should?
9. Adobe Stock- you can actually make a living selling stock photos
10. Let side bar- Steve Wozniak, 911, and how did you feel at that time
11. What are you going to do next as a photographer, author, digital pro?
July 16, 2017
On this edition of Post Cast 71617, Keith talks about technology, specifically on how apps and processes help us, and how sometimes we over applicate, or use technology in a way that causes to lose touch with traditional ourselves and clients.
During this podcast, Keith also shares his views on how technology affects our lives and decision as business owners and everyday people. Keith also shares his thought on the following:
- This App that App; how many Apps do we need?
- We Use Apps for Everything is that important or a way to profit
- Does it Work For You, if so, keep using it?
- Cost Factors aren't always related to money!
- Productivity- is technology making you better?
- Workflow is a part of our everyday life even our personal life
- Consistency is a big part of how technology prove itself valuable
May 29, 2017
On this Pod Cast, Keith B Dixon interviews Official NFL 49ers Team Photographer Terrell Llyod about his beginnings, career, and motivations about being a Pro Photographer in the NFL. Read more about Llyod’s background and experiences.
Xposure 101 Detroit
- Llyod talks the different types of sports he photographs for San Jose State
- His first wow I am on the sidelines moments
- Some of the best advice he got starting out as a pro
- How he transitioned from his IT Job to a Professional Photographer
- Why he starting speaking as a photographer
- What does it take to photograph professional sports
- What’s it like traveling with an NFL Team as a photographer
- Llyod describes what it is like on the sidelines of the Super Bowl
- How do you get started as a Pro Sports Photographer
- How does Terrell Lloyd see himself as a photographer
April 23, 2017
Do you feel like your business is stalled, not growing, or scaling? Most of your challenges in this situation in based on your mindset, which I call a low hanging fruit dollar store mentality.
In this edition of the KBD Zone Keith talks about the low hanging fruit. Human nature is to take the path of least resistance in a challenging situation. Keith talks about his thoughts on:
- Needing more money in your life
- Easy, Quick and Fast Opportunities
- The Dollar Store Mentality
- The Luxury Store Mentality
- Conditioning for Change
- Get the Longest Ladder Possible
- The Fruit Loop
- Innovating Your Thoughts Often
- Building a Fruitful Path
This podcast is for the entrepreneur, creative, and business owner.
April 17, 2017
The Core Point
As a photographer, creative, and future owner you are going to experience a lot of ups and downs. Whether positive or negative, challenges are all a normal part of growth. In 8 minutes Keith breaks down the “Why” of how important challenges are.